As you have read, both grade one classes are doing a mission "Feed The Hungry" project to collect non perishable food for the Interfaith Food Bank. Parents are asked to send some food items to school before June 23rd. We are challenging the other classes to see who can collect the most. We are combining this project with a celebration of Canada's 150th birthday. With that in mind, we are encouraging each class to collect at least 150 items. The winning class will receive popsicles for each student to enjoy.
As an added bonus, the Executive Director of Interfaith Food Bank, Danielle MacIntyre will be our special reader on Friday June 23rd. The food collection will be picked up after lunch that same day.
Tuesday is jeans and jokes today. Please remind your child to practice a couple of jokes to share with the class.
Dates to Remember:
- June 7 - Pizza Lunch
- June 12 - School Based P.D. Day - no school for students
- June 20 - Safety City - "Bike Safety" - p.m.
- June 22 - Fieldtrip to Fort Whoop Up - 11:00 - 12:30 pm
- June 22 - Grade One Picnic - 1:00 - 2:10 pm
- June 23 - WTL Reader - Danielle MacIntyre
- June 23 - Last day for "Feed The Hungry" challenge