Saturday 23 March 2019

Weekly Update - March 25 - 29

 
Image result for march clipart

This is the final week of March and the weather has been fantastic! This will be another action packed week. The school is going to LCI for a dance performance Tuesday morning.

We have been practicing our two poems for Choral Speech Festival. Our performance is scheduled for the morning of April 2nd. The festival classes start at 9:30 am. The Grade Ones will need to wear black bottoms and a plain white shirt with no logos or designs. Parents are welcome but just know there is an entry cost, set by the festival organizers, to get in. People should come a few minutes early to ensure seating. 

Cats Sleep Anywhere
by Eleanor Farjeon

 
Cats sleep anywhere,
Any table, any chair.
Top of piano, window ledge,
In the middle, on the edge.
Open drawer, empty shoe,
Anybody’s lap will do.
Fitted in a cardboard box,
In a cupboard with your frocks.
Anywhere. They don’t care.
Cats sleep anywhere.
 


My Dog May Be a Genius
by Jack Prelutsky


My dog may be a genius,
and in fact there’s little doubt.
He recognizes many words,
unless I spell them out.
If I so much as whisper “walk,”
he hurries off at once
to fetch his leash…it’s evident
my dog is not a dunce.
I can’t say “food” in front of him,
I spell f-o-o-d,
and he goes wild unless I spell
his t-r-e-a-t.
But recently this tactic
isn’t working out too well.
I think my d-o-g has learned
to s-p-e-l-l.



Dates to Remember:

Mar 26 - LCI Dance Performance

Mar 27 - Multiples Day - Dress up like your friends!


Mar 27 - Crusaders Assembly - 11:10 am

Apr 2 - Choral Speech 9:30 am - SPFA Gym

No comments:

Post a Comment